I have purchased this laptop last September 2006 and I am still using it until now. I have chosen this laptop as a desktop replacement.
Before I tell you my Pros and Cons with my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop (dv9015ea), here is its complete specs:
HP Pavilion dv9000 Laptop Full Specs:
Microprocessor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50
Microprocessor: Cache Level 2 cache 256 KB + 256 KB
Memory: 1024 MB DDR2 667 MHz (2 x 512 MB)
Video Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7600
Video Memory: 256 MB (dedicated)
Hard Drive: 2 x 100 GB 5400 rpm
Multimedia Drive: Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Display: 17" WXGA+ High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1440 x 900)
Fax/Modem: High speed 56K modem
Network Card: 10/100 LAN Ethernet integrated
Wireless Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g WLAN
Sound: Altec Lansing® speakers
Keyboard: Full size desktop keyboard (with separate numeric keypad layout)
Pointing Device: Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Additional Button: Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 1 Quick Launch Button
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
- 1 VGA port
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- 1 IEEE-1394
- 1 RJ 11 modem connector
- 1 RJ 45 Ethernet connector
- S-video TV out
- Remote control infrared port (Remote Control optional)
- 2 Headphones-out one w/ SPDIF Digital Audio, 1 Microphone-in port
Dimensions: 28.50 cm (L) x 39.60 cm (W) x 3.16 cm (min H) / 4.18 cm (max H)
Weight: 3.56 kg (7.8 lbs)
- 65 W AC Power Adapter
- 8-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
Security and Support: HP Pavilion recovery partition (including possibility to recover system, applications and drivers separately)
Pros and Cons of My HP Pavilion dv9000 (dv9015ea)
- A very good laptop as a desktop replacement. It has a good design.
- 1 Gig RAM
- The NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 is a middle class video but most 2006 games and later runs smoothly on this machine.
- The notebook is fast in terms of performance and speed but it gets hot easily.
- The built in web cam is great for using YM or Skype.
- It is not a gaming computer but I have been able to install and use Photoshop, VMWare and other intensive programs. I have been normally running at the same time Comodo Firewall, Winamp/VLC Media Player, Firefox, Opera, Avira, Photoshop, but I see no problems as it handles multi-tasking well.
- This laptop is heavy BUT excellent as a desktop replacement.
- For only about an hour of usage you can feel that it is already getting hot and I am planning to buy a cooling pad.
- The battery life is so short. Now, A fully charged battery can last only an hour and 30 minutes or so.
- Sometimes the monitor would show nothing, no display.
- As I have searched through the web regarding HP Pavilion dv9000 problems, there are so many very unhappy customers because of HP Support and the product itself.
- Right now, my wireless card is not working anymore. I have only used it once.
As you can see, you might think that you will not buy an HP laptop anymore because of the Cons I have said. Personally, I would still buy an HP laptop in the future. If you search the web regarding problems with Dell, Acer, IBM, Asus, Sony, Toshiba, Lenovo and other brands, I am sure you could also find big drawbacks with these machines. In the end, your choice depends on Price/Budget, Reviews, Personal Preferences, Needs and Experiences.
I have experienced the very famous No Display Problem with my HP but luckily I have found ways in fixing it. If you want to know how just read this post.
- ASUS Eee PC 1000 review
- Google Latitude - Locating Friends on Google Maps
- Google Internet Bus Project Launches in India
- Why Firefox and Opera are better than Google Chrome as a Blogger?
- Why I choose Firefox rather than Opera or Google Chrome as a Blogger?
- My Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD Review
- Problems, Fixes and Workarounds with My HP Pavilion dv9000 (dv9015ea)