Which TV Tuner is cheaper?
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of using a USB TV Tuner?
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of using a PCI TV Tuner?
Features, factors and other things you would consider before purchasing or buying a TV Tuner for your computer:
- Video Recording - record TV shows
- Time Shift Feature - buffer or record the TV signal by using your Hard Disk
- watch it in full screen just like a normal TV
- watch it in small screen (minimized window) to give space for you browser and surf the web
- FM Tuner
- Scheduled Recording
- Image Capture or Screen shot
- Video Quality
- Sound Quality
- Video Editing Software
- Remote Control
- internal PCI card or external USB card
- Transmission type of your television: DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T
- your desk is free of clutter
- one time installation, close your CPU and thats it
- cheaper than USB
PCI Card Disadvantage/s:
- can't use it on your laptop
- you have to open your CPU again if you plan to use it on another computer
- bad if your PCI slot is full
USB TV Tuner Advantage/s:
- good if your PCI slot is full
- portable, you can watch TV on your laptop or on your PC
- quicker to install, just plug it in your USB slot
USB TV Tuner Disadvantage/s:
- some USB TV Tuners are bulky enough to fit in your USB Slots which means you have to detach some of your USB components to make room for the TV Tuner.